One trucker might be an owner-operator, the other might be a company man for a large fleet. Either way, they’re going to have to file Form 2290. Taxable vehicles include any highway motor vehicles that have a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more.
So that probably covers your entire fleet. But how can you file HVUT for all of your vehicles? The answer is simple: bulk uploading and ExpressTruckTax's TruckZone feature.
Why Should I Bulk Upload?
Here’s what you do:
- Login to our system, download the official spreadsheet.
- Go field by field and enter the appropriate information in the right format.
- After the form is complete, head back to ExpressTruckTax and upload the file.
- Our software will check for errors and make sure each field is correct.
- Note, if you already have your own spreadsheet use our smart upload. We will make sure fields match on our end, so that you don’t waste time making a new spreadsheet.
- Make sure everything looks right.
- Pay and transmit!
Finally, once you get your fleet’s vehicles uploaded, your trucks will be saved year to year thanks to our TruckZone.
What Is TruckZone?
When you need to e-file Form 2290 for multiple vehicles, TruckZone is a lifesafer. Working as virtual fleet, TruckZone keeps all of your vehicles on record so you can access them at any time.
Let’s say you need to file HVUT for 10 trucks. This feature lets you create your own truck tax zone where you can select the 10 trucks which need an HUT filing. In a few minutes, you can e-file form 2290 for all 10, and receive 10 stamped Schedule 1’s in just minutes.
Related Blog: Bulk Uploading: HVUT for FleetsWith TruckZone and bulk uploading in your virtual tax toolbox, you’ll be the master of heavy vehicle use taxes!
If you have any questions about using TruckZone, give our customer support experts a call at 704.234.6005.