ExpressTruckTax Blog

Showing posts with label heavy vehicle use taxes. Show all posts
Showing posts with label heavy vehicle use taxes. Show all posts

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The HVUT Deadline for Vehicles First Used in Sept. Is upon Us


Well, Trucking Nation, the deadline to file Form 2290 for Heavy Vehicle Use Taxes (HVUT) is coming up—October 31—for vehicles first used in September! If you traded in or purchased a new vehicle last month, or if you're just now putting your truck on the road, then this one applies to you.

Don’t worry, paying the HVUT online is quick and easy, and we’ve got you covered. In order to file a regular-use vehicle, its taxable gross weight must be at least 55,000 pounds and travel approximately 5,000 miles during the current tax period; and for an agricultural vehicle, the mileage use must be at least 7,500 miles.

Start Now to Get Your Filing out of the Way!

1. Sign in or Create an Account

2. Enter in Your Truck and Payment Information

3. Transmit Your Form to the IRS and Receive Your Schedule 1 in Minutes

If you need any assistance, ExpressTruckTax offers year-round support so you can get the help you deserve. They’ll even show you how to file for a Credit Vehicle, or a taxable vehicle that was sold, destroyed, or stolen recently, to get your tax money back.

You can call the support team at 704.234.6005 or email them at

Read More »

Thursday, September 17, 2015

How to Add a Suspended Vehicle


The team at ExpressTruckTax strives to make your life easier, especially when it comes to e-filing your Heavy Vehicle Use Taxes (HVUT) with Form 2290. As you fill out your form, you may have questions and concerns along the way, like, what you should do if you have a suspended vehicle. Well, no worries. We’re offering a step-by-step guide to help you, but first, let’s go over the basics.

In order to file a regular-usage vehicle as suspended, its mileage use on public highways must be 5,000 miles or less; and for an agricultural suspended vehicle, the mileage use must be 7,500 miles or less.

While there is no tax due on suspended vehicles, taxes become due once a suspended vehicle (regular or agricultural) goes beyond the mileage use limit. Whenever you exceed the mileage use limit, you must file a Mileage Exceeded amendment, and pay the full tax amount.


1. First Used Month & Year 

2. Taxable Vehicles 

3. Suspended Vehicles 

4. Add Exempt/Suspended Vehicle 

5. View Information and Edit if Necessary 

6. Click Next!

We hope these instructions gave you a peace of mind, but if you need further help, don’t hesitate to contact us! You can call the support team at 704.234.6005 or email them at

Remember, Trucking Nation, we’re here for you!

Read More »

ExpressTruckTax Blog

E-file your HVUT Form 2290 with ExpressTruckTax.