In order to E-File IRS Form 2290 and get a stamped Schedule 1, the process can be rather complicated. Fortunately, ExpressTruckTax has a solution to make this filing process as simple as possible.
Here are the traditional instructions:
- The First Step to Receive a Stamped Schedule 1 for your Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) is to fill out the IRS Form 2290. The Schedule 1 is generated by the information entered in this form. This can be done either by hand or online.
- This Form then needs to be taken to the nearest IRS Office along with a proof of payment or proof of EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System) Payment. This could also be mailed to the IRS as well.
- If the form is mailed to the IRS, it can take 4-6 weeks before it is processed.
- If the form is actually taken to the IRS, the nearest office may be many miles away. There can also be very long waiting period at the IRS office of up to several hours.
- Both options are very time consuming.
- The IRS will then review your Form 2290 and when it is verified, they will stamp it and return a portion of it to the taxpayer.
The Stamped Schedule 1 is required in order to register a vehicle. So it can be very stressful to wait until the last minute to register your vehicle because you are waiting for the IRS to send you a stamped schedule 1.
Although these are the traditional ways of getting a Stamped Schedule 1, an easier way has come about in the past few years. E-Filing has become more and more popular among taxpayers and tax professionals. The IRS itself recommends E-Filing as their preferred method for filing most tax forms. A leading provider of this service for those in the Trucking or Transportation industry is www.ExpressTruckTax.com.
Instead of waiting for hours or up to 6 weeks for the IRS to stamp your schedule 1 and send it back to you, Express Truck Tax will get your Stamped Schedule 1 within minutes of filing. When you login to the site, you can enter the information for the Form 2290, and Express Truck Tax will then create a Schedule 1 based on that information. That form will be sent to the IRS electronically, and they will then send the stamped Schedule 1 back to Express Truck Tax, who will then automatically email the file to the taxpayer.
This document can also be faxed as well as emailed to the taxpayer as soon as the IRS processes the form. The form will be transmitted with a watermark as well as an IRS E-File logo since the document will not be physically stamped. When ExpressTruckTax sends the Stamped Schedule 1 to the taxpayer, it will be sent as a pdf attachment. Although the form will not be physically stamped, the official E-File watermark serves as an official IRS stamp.
1,995 total views, 3 views today