There’s only just about a month left to e-file your Heavy Vehicle Use Tax before the deadline. If you haven’t already e-filed, it’s time to begin your e-filing journey with ExpressTruckTax!
Before beginning your e-filing journey, there are some things to consider. Especially if you’ve never e-filed or created an account with us before. So here’s what you should know before you e-file.
Before You File
Creating an account with us is easy, but before you’re ready to begin the e-filing process, there are some things you need:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- An internet connection
- Your business name and address
- Your EIN
- Pro-tip #1: If you haven’t gotten an EIN yet, it takes the IRS 10 business days to make it active in their system. So you need to get one right away to have time to e-file before the deadline. If forgotten your EIN, then give the IRS EIN hotline a call at 1.800.829.4933 to find out your EIN safely and securely.
- Your VIN
- Your Gross Vehicle Weight
But once you have all that squared away, you’re ready to get started! All you have to do is go to the New User section and create your FREE account.
Step 1: Creating Your Account
- Enter your name, phone number, email address, and a password of your choosing. Then select whether you would like to see the site in English or Spanish.
- Pro-tip #2: To create your account even faster, you can choose to login with your Facebook or Google+ account. To do this, just click on the corresponding Facebook or Google+ icon at the top of the login page and allow ExpressTruckTax access to your account.
Step 2: Entering Your Business Details
- Then once you’ve setup your initial account, it’s time to enter your business details. This is where the information you needed to know before e-filing comes in.
- To get started, choose your business type from the drop-down menu. Select from LLC, corporation, sole proprietorship, etc.
- Then enter your legal business name exactly as the IRS has it stored on record. If the business name doesn’t match, your return could be rejected by the IRS.
- Next enter your DBA or “Doing Business As” name. This only needs to be entered in if the name you’re doing business as is different than the name connected to your EIN.
- Now here the big one! Enter your EIN. And remember, it has to be at least 10 business days old or it won’t work!
- Then enter your business address and the signing authority if you have a person that is e-filing for your business. This could be your CEO, bookkeeper, spouse, or a CPA.
And that’s it! You’ve created your account. Now you can start e-filing with ease.
If you need any help setting up your account, or e-filing with us, we’ve got a whole team of dedicated support legends to assist you from right here in Rock Hill, SC. So give them a call at 704.234.6005 during our new extended business hours from 8AM to 8PM EST. Or you can send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/hour support in English and Spanish.
924 total views, 3 views today