2. You will see the ExpressTruckTax welcome screen. Feel free to watch the video. Click “Begin”.
3. Enter all necessary business information indicated by red asterisks. If you work for a company that has asked you to provide a 2290, do not use their information. Use your own information. This information will be used to automatically fill out your Form 2290 when it is transmitted to the IRS. Click “Continue” when you are finished.
4. You will be taken to the Dashboard. Click “Start New Return”.
5. In this example, we will file for just 1 truck. But you can file for multiple trucks. Click “E-File For 1 Truck”.
6. Enter all necessary truck information indicated by red asterisks.
7. Scroll down. You will see your Tax Due. Select your payment method. We highly recommend using the Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW) option, this option lets you include your bank account and routing number on your return, that information is provided with your return directly to the IRS, they will then debit your account the taxes due up to 2 business days later. With the other options, there are additional steps. You must follow up with the IRS to pay the taxes due.
8. Scroll down. If you wish to have a third-party tax service handle any of your tax information, give them permission here. Click “Next”.
9. ExpressTruckTax will check for any errors in your return. Check all your information one last time. Click “Next”.
10. We recommend getting a Schedule 1 copy for your truck cab and also getting a text notification or fax when the IRS approves your Schedule 1. Click “Next”.
11. On this page, you will pay ExpressTruckTax. Enter all credit card information and click “Process”.
12. Scroll down. Enter a 5 digit pin to verify that you are a real customer with the system. Click “Transmit this Return to the IRS”.
13. You’re all set! If you selected a tax due payment option other than EFW, be sure to make your payment.
File your Form 2290 today!
If this seems complicated, talk to our friends over at Truck Services of North America! They will fill out your Form 2290 for you and deal with the IRS on your behalf! Plus, their service fee is tax-deductible!