IRS Form 2290 VIN Correction Process
April 20, 2011 | 2290 VIN Correction, express form 2290, Free VIN Correction, Tax 2290, tax highway, tax preparation software, taxes online, Truck Tax, your truck tax | No Comments|
• Create an account with ExpressTruckTax or if you are one of the thousands of people who are already users of ExpressTruckTax, sign in with your email id and your password.
• If you are new, you need to enter your basic business details before proceeding.
• You will then be taken to the dashboard, from here click “Create Return”. You will be presented with 3 options. Choose the option “2290 Amendment including VIN Correction” and further choose VIN Correction.
• You will have two choices now: Are you filing a VIN Correction for the return created in ExpressTruckTax or Are you filing VIN Correction for a return created elsewhere or by paper. There is no difference between two options, except that using the first option, the system will pull your past return and show the VIN numbers you want to correct.
• The next step is to enter theincorrect VIN and the correct VIN.
• You can make multiple VIN Corrections on the same return.
• When you are done, go through the next screens and note that there is no tax due to IRS as the taxes were paid when you filed the original 2290.
• Although, this service is free with no strings attached, the system will ask that you enter your credit card for verification. This is for the following reasons:
• The IRS wants to make sure the filers are real and who they say they are.
• Since there is no tax, spammers and crooks can simply use this system to overwhelm the IRS
• ExpressTruckTax is a very secure system and wants to make sure that real users are using it and they have a pleasant experience.
• After the credit card is verified, then it is time to transmit the return to the IRS.
• With ExpressTruckTax, it takes less than 5 minutes – day or night to get your corrected Schedule 1.
• You get your Schedule 1 by email and also by fax automatically if you have opted for it.
• During this process, if you have any questions, please call the US based customer support at 704-234-6005.
• Please be reminded that all this is free.
What you can’t do?
• VIN Corrections can be only done for Taxable or suspended vehicles and not for credit vehicles or for prior suspended vehicles.
• When you file a VIN Correction Form 2290, you can’t combine it with claiming credits on the same form.
• The wrong VIN must have been paid for in the original form 2290. Otherwise, the IRS will assign penalties in addition tothe actual tax.
2,464 total views, 6 views today