We’ve come to it at last; the great Deadline of our time.
Today, dear Trucking Nation, is the last day to file HVUT Form 2290
on time. The new tax year for heavy vehicles began back on July 1st (seems like just yesterday!), and it runs through June 30th of next year. The deadline for all renewals, vehicles already on the road, is September 2nd, which happens to be today!
Sure, the deadline seems scary–the word even has “dead” in it! But don’t be intimidated!
If you’ve been busy or just plain forgot, it’s not too late to get your form in under the buzzer! Luckily, E-filing with ExpressTruckTax will only take 10 minutes, or even less if you’re a returning guest!
And if you don’t have a computer nearby, just use our mobile
site or download our free tablet apps for iPad
No matter how you E-file, if it’s with ExpressTruckTax, you’ll follow the same simple steps below. Check out our quick video, featuring none other than Sir Charles the Great, for a quick crash course on E-filing!
*Note: Don’t forget that if you’re E-filing your renewal today, your first-used month is still July!
- Step 1: Create an Account with an email and password of your choice.
- Step 2: Enter your EIN and Business name & address.
- Step 3: Start a new Return by selecting your first-used month (July for renewals) and by entering your vehicle information, VIN # & gross vehicle weight.
- Step 4: Enter payment information. The IRS does not accept credit cards, but we do! Enter your credit card info for our fee (just $9.90 for a single truck!) and elect to pay the IRS by either Direct Debit, EFTPS, or Check or Money Order.
- Step 5: Check your return for errors (we check it with our Instant Audit Feature!), then securely transmit your return, and receive your stamped Schedule 1 from the IRS upon acceptance!
We’ll even send you email, text, fax, or postal mail notifications if you choose, so you’ll always know the status of your return and payment.
If you’re a returning user, you can skip most every step up there by logging back into your account and either uploading trucks to your return that are saved in the exclusive Truck Zone, or by copying a return from a previous year! When you begin a new 2290, you will be prompted to copy a previous year’s return. Don’t worry; you’ll still be able to make alterations if necessary! Either way, you’ll save yourself needless data entry and get E-filed even quicker!
Whether you’re a new or returning user, ExpressTruckTax will do what it takes to get you E-filed today!
Reach out to our Support Heroes, and they’ll help you avoid the dreaded late penalties! Call 704.234.6005, start a live online chat, or get 24/7 email assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our elite team is standing by, ready to swoop in and get your 2290 E-filed in a flash!
1,869 total views, 9 views today