Make the Switch: 10 Reasons to Ditch Paper Filing
I mean, have you ditched dirty old paper filing and started E-filing your truck taxes? Whether you have one vehicle or hundreds to file for, ExpressTruckTax is hands down the fastest, most affordable way to E-file Form 2290 (or 2290 Amendments & Form 8849 for credits).
Top 10 Reasons to Make the Switch
- 1. No lines: In fact, there’s no waiting. Period. Just instant gratification!
Why wait in line at the IRS office when you can E-file from the comfort of your cab, in a coffee shop, or just about anywhere else you can get an internet connection?
And don’t forget the time and gas you spend driving to the office. In fact, we have customers who since making the switch no longer have to set aside an entire day to drive hundreds of miles to the nearest IRS office! Score.
- 2. More Secure: Far too often, you’ll see headlines about truckers being scammed on taxes, insurance, or any number of things.
Luckily with ExpressTruckTax, you can E-file with confidence. As an IRS-certified E-file provider with several other industry-leading E-filing products on the market, you can rest assured that your information is safe. It travels from our encrypted site straight to the IRS servers. Don’t take my word for it–Just ask any one of the hundreds of thousands who’ve E-filed with us.
- 3. Zero Calculations: Perhaps my favorite reason to E-file, no math required! As someone that avoids unnecessary math like the plague, I love that ExpressTruckTax does all of the calculations for me, no calculator needed!
Not only does our program calculate the amount of HVUT due per vehicle, but it will also prorate reimbursements or tax owed for new vehicles acquired during the tax year. What’s the alternative? Breaking out a partial period tax table and figuring it out yourself?! PASS. I’ll stick with E-filing, thank you very much!
- 4. Fewer Errors: It’s a fact. E-filed returns have fewer errors than paper-filed ones! It’s not just because we do the calculations for you, it’s also because we check your return with our Instant Audit before you submit it.
If there’s an error, chances are our system will catch it for you. Maybe that’s why 98% of returns E-filed with us are accepted by the IRS instantly. Not to brag or anything.
- 5. No Snail Mail: Not that we have anything against postal workers, it’s just that the Internet is faster. When you E-file, you’ll know in minutes whether or not your return was accepted by the IRS.
Personally, I prefer that sense of security as opposed to sending my sensitive information out into the void, not to get a response for weeks. Which leads me to my next point, your return is accepted right away, which means you also…
- 6. Receive Your Stamped Schedule 1 Immediately: Most users have their stamped Schedule 1 within 10 minutes of transmitting their returns. Even better, the second the IRS has stamped it, we’ll email you a copy.
You can also elect to have us mail you a copy if you don’t have a printer, or you can even fax it to your carrier–or any other number of your choosing!
- 7. Eco-Friendly: No driving, no postal mail, no paper! What could be more eco-friendly than that? The carbon footprint is nearly non-existent. Mother Earth will thank you.
- 8. Free Support–All Day, Every Day: Maybe the best reason to E-file with us. You get free, 24/7, 365 access to our Support Heroes. When you have a question or crisis, you can count on them to be there to help.
And unlike some companies that hire seasonal help, our support heroes are full-time support beasts! Offering truck tax support is all they do, all year. They know truck tax, they know the industry. Who else would you want answering your questions?
- 9. Save Time Filing, Year After Year: If you only file truck taxes once a year, you may think saving time filing only once isn’t too big of a deal. But with ExpressTruckTax, you’ll save time every time you E-file. In fact, the more you E-file with us, the more time you save!
Returning users have two ways of saving time. By using Truck Zone, you can quickly search for and add vehicles to your return without having to re-enter VIN, gross weight, etc. Or for the ultimate time-saving experience, you can copy a previous year’s return. This will auto-complete all fields, but still allow you to edit the return if any details have changed. Whichever method you choose, you can E-file in 5 minutes or less. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
- 10. Organized & Accessible Tax Records: If the IRS comes knockin’, you won’t have to shake in your boots. With ExpressTruckTax, you have access to all returns and Schedule 1’s filed with us from the Dashboard of your account. You can view, download, or email this information whenever you need it. No worries about your tax information getting lost, destroyed, or crumpled up in a drawer.
Still not convinced? A picture is worth a thousand words, so here’s a before and after of Sir Charles. E-filing suits him, as it does you.
For these reasons and many more, it’s time to Make the Switch. Start your New Year on the right foot, and resolve to do something better for you, for your business, and for the environment.
Ready to set up an account? The process is free and easy, just check out this step-by-step guide. Or call our Support Heroes, and they’ll walk you through it. Ring them at 704.234.6005, strike up a live online chat, or email them 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2,412 total views, 3 views today