As anyone who is a veteran of the Trucking Industry will tell you, there are many more business and economic responsibilities other than simply getting something delivered at the right time and place. Heavy Vehicle Use Tax, or HVUT, is one of the most common taxes on heavy highway vehicles in the United States. Paying this tax properly involves filing the IRS Form 2290. This Form is so easy to E-File online, and thanks to Express Truck Tax, there is no reason to be late, as evidenced by these points:
- IRS Fines
- Unless you enjoy IRS Audits and spending time in courtrooms, it is a terrible to not pay your taxes. The IRS can add all kinds of interest and late fees, but if you end up in court over the matter it will lead to the court costs as well as heavy fines.
- Not filing or not paying is a felony
- Fines are bad enough, but it could be worse. Going to court can lead to criminal charges. The IRS & state governments could prosecute anyone who purposely cheats to avoid paying the truck tax. It can also lead to time in prison.
- Stay focused on your business
- If these are not paid in a timely manner, the previously mentioned fines, court appearances, and possible jail time could seriously put a halt on your business. The time and energy spent worrying about IRS Audits, Fines, and Court Dates is not worth it. Especially when the taxes are not typically very high.
- Taxes help improve public roads
- Paying taxes is never a joyful experience, but you should get some gratification in the fact that much of the taxes paid for HVUT go back into the cost of roads and highway expenses. It just makes sense; if you enjoy using something, you shouldn’t mind paying for it.
- It’s So Easy
E-file IRS form 2290 with expresstrucktax.com on time. It’s made as easy as 1-2-3 to e-file truck tax 2290 and get IRS stamped Schedule 1 in few minutes. Avoid IRS penalties and Audits by keeping your 2290 records with express truck tax. E-file IRS 2290 VIN Corrections for free of cost.
1,809 total views, 6 views today