|Pre-File Your 2290 Now!
Whether you’re a trucker or a trucking company, you know that HVUT season is rapidly approaching.
Of course, here at ExpressTruckTax, it’s already begun. How’s that?
Easy – starting today, we’re offering pre-filing for the 2016-17 heavy vehicle use tax season. One month early!
So instead of waiting until the last moment to e-file your 2290s, pre-file now and get back to what you need to do – driving.
It’s Heavy Vehicle Use Tax Time
The HVUT season runs from July 1 through June 30 of the following year.
If you’re an owner operator, leasing company, trucking company, or any other business that owns heavy vehicles with a gross weight above 55,000 pounds traveling on public highways, you must file form 2290.
Usually, you can’t start filing until the tax period begins on July 1, but we’ve gone ahead and started pre-filing now.
What is Pre-Filing?
Pre-filing is the easiest way to e-file your taxes early. You can get ahead of the game by filing an entire month early. After you’re done pre-filing your return, ExpressTruckTax will hold onto it until July 1st—once the IRS starts accepting 2290s, yours will be at the top of the stack.
Should I Pre-File Form 2290? Why?
Even though the tax period hasn’t started for the 2016-17 season, pre-filing starts now! With pre-filing, users get advantages they won’t get once the official season starts. They include:
- Finishing your taxes early, leaving more time to focus on work and life
- No additional cost to pre-file
- When selecting the check (or) money order option, you will get until August 31st to pay the IRS, giving you almost 3 months to save for the amount of tax you owe
- Your Form 2290 will be automatically transmitted to the IRS on July 1st, so you will receive your stamped schedule 1 in minutes once transmitted
- If the return is rejected for any reason, you have plenty of time to re-submit it before August 31st, making it much easier to avoid late penalties
- VIN corrections and retransmissions for rejected returns are FREE for anyone who e-files with ExpressTruckTax
- Customer support is available via phone, live chat, and email, with 24/7 emergency email support
If you have any questions about pre-filing 2290, (or) have questions about the e-filing process, we’ll be here to help. Give us a call at 704.234.6005!
Happy pre-filing, Trucking Nation!
687 total views, 3 views today