Getting your Stamped Schedule 1 is important. This proves to the DMV and the IRS that you are up-to-date on your Heavy Vehicle Use Taxes, and you are now able to renew the registration on your heavy vehicle.
Getting a Stamped Schedule 1 when you e-file is easy, but maybe you find yourself with a few questions along the way. Such as:
- How can you tell if you really got the right document?
- How do you get a Stamped Schedule 1?
- How do you get a new one if you lost your previous copy?
Well we’ve got you covered, Trucking Nation! Here’s everything you’ve ever wanted to know about your Stamped Schedule 1.
The first and most important thing you need to know about your Stamped Schedule 1 is that it comes with a handy-dandy IRS e-filing watermark.
This watermark will be located very faintly in the middle of your Schedule 1 along with the date the IRS accepted your return. It should look like this:
|Without this stamp, your return is invalid.
How do I get my Stamped Schedule 1?
Now that you know what it looks like, you may be wondering how you go about getting a Stamped Schedule 1. Well, there are a number of ways for you to receive your proof of filing:
- The first way you can get your Stamped Schedule 1 is right after you file. When you file with ExpressTruckTax, we will automatically send it to you via email.
- If you don’t want to receive your Stamped Schedule 1 by email, and you would like to have a paper copy, we can arrange that for you. We offer postal mail delivery of your Form 2290 along with your Stamped Schedule 1. All you have to do is select the option to receive your Stamped Schedule 1 by postal mail.
- Finally, you can choose to receive your Stamped Schedule 1 by fax, and you can also have it faxed to as many numbers as you’d like. That means you can fax one to yourself, one to your carrier, and one to virtually anyone who needs that information about your heavy vehicle.
What Happens if I lose it?
- In the case that you’ve lost, misplaced, or simply need another copy of your Stamped Schedule 1, retrieving it will be easy.
- To retrieve another copy of your Stamped Schedule 1, all you have to do is login to your ExpressTruckTax account and you can view, and download your stamped Schedule 1 any time, right from your dashboard, for free!
- And if you’ve already submitted your return, but you want to fax your Schedule 1 to yourself or someone else, that is also possible. And we can do it for free! All you have to do is head to your Dashboard, and enter the fax numbers of everyone you want to receive your Stamped Schedule 1. And that’s it!
E-filing for your HVUT
is not only faster, but you essentially get endless copies of your Stamped Schedule 1, just in case there’s an accident or you misplace it anywhere. That way you can put your mind at ease and renew your vehicle registration with no problem. And when you e-file with ExpressTruckTax, all your information is secure, and the whole processes is easy, and fast!
If you need any help e-filing and getting your Stamped Schedule 1, our dedicated support legends are here for you! Just give them a call at 704.234.6005 during our new extended business hours from 8AM to 8PM EST. Or you can even send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/hour support in English and Spanish.
495 total views, 3 views today