The Heavy Vehicle Use Tax season is drawing to a close, Trucking Nation! There’s only a few more days before the deadline and you need to have all your trucks in a row so you can e-file with ease.
The first thing you need in order to e-file your HVUT is your EIN. EIN stands for for Employer Identification Number and it is imperative that you have one before you file.
With only 4 days left to get your 2290s e-filed, it is past time to register for an EIN. Especially since it takes the IRS up to 10 business days for your EIN to become active. Before that your EIN will be rejected by any e-filing system and you will be unable to submit your Form 2290.
While there isn’t enough time for you to get your EIN and still e-file on time, you need to request one right away. Because no matter what you need to e-file! And the sooner you request one, the smaller the penalties.
In order to request your EIN, you can do it one of three ways.
- You can go directly to the IRS website and request your EIN online
- You can or call their EIN hotline at 1.800.829.4933, and request your EIN over the phone.
- Or you can request your EIN through fax or postal mail.
If you don’t have time to get you EIN, or none of those options appeal to you. We have people who can take the reins and do it for you. Not to mention, they’re secure and affordable!
With our friends at Truck Services of North America, you can get your EIN without ever having to lift a finger. Since they specialize in permits, registrations, and helping truckers e-file for just about anything. Just give them a call at 803.386.0320 or email them at email@example.com to get started.
If you’ve misplaced your EIN, we can help with that as well!
- If you’ve e-filed with us before, your EIN is stored in your account! Just login and view your business details, or a previously filed return and voila, you have your EIN.
- If you haven’t e-filed with us before, you can check with the bank or local/state institution you’ve applied for a license with. Both should have your EIN on record.
- Or you can always call the IRS hotline at 1.800.829.4933, and they’ll give you the EIN directly over the phone after verifying your identity.
But whatever you do, don’t wait! You need to request your EIN right away and before it’s too late for you to e-file on time. Don’t pay the IRS more than you have to!
If you need any help with the EIN or e-filing your 2290s, then our dedicated support legends are here for you. Just give them a call at 704.234.6005 or send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/hour support in English and Spanish. And they’ll help you e-file in a flash!
With only 4 days left you don’t have time to delay, so e-file today!
1,989 total views, 3 views today