You’ve come to it at last. The final step of filing your annual HVUT: paying the IRS. Well lucky for you, we’ve not only streamlined the process of completing your Form 2290, but we’ve also made payment convenient as well!
When you E-file your Form 2290 with ExpressTruckTax
, there are not one–not two–but three!– three easy
& secure ways to pay the IRS!
While the IRS no longer accepts credit card payments, you can still conveniently pay by Direct Debit, EFTPS, or by Check or Money Order.
Direct Debit/ EFW (Electronic Funds Withdrawal)
- The fastest way to pay!
- This option is available only if you E-file.
- The IRS initiates a debit from your bank account.
- Must provide your Bank Account and Routing Numbers (located at the bottom of a check).
- You can cancel a payment by contacting a U.S. Treasury Financial Agent, but no later than 2 business days before the payment date.
- With this payment, the IRS will not accept your return on a weekend or holiday. It must be completed on the next business day.
EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System)
- A free service provided by the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury, it’s available by phone or online 24/7.
- You must register with this system 5-7 business days before you need to make your first payment. Visit http://www.eftps.gov or call 1-800-555-4477.
- To enroll, you will need your E.I.N., bank account and routing number, and address and name as they appear on IRS documents.
- With this option, you can E-file your Form 2290 365 days a year, day or night.
- You can even schedule a business payment up to 120 days in advance.
- Your payment must be scheduled at least 1 business day before your taxes are due!
Check or Money Order
- If you need your Stamped Schedule I on the weekend, this is the only way to pay!
- When paying by check or money order, a completed payment voucher called the 2290-V must accompany the payment.
- This is page 5 of your completed Form 2290. Luckily, we autocomplete this voucher for you, and you can print it from your account any time!
- Detach the voucher and send it with the payment, but do not staple the voucher to your payment.
- Do not send cash.
- Make your check or money order payable to the United States Treasury. Include your name, address, EIN, “IRS Form 2290,” and the date (as entered in Box 3) on your payment.
- Mail your payment with the 2290- V to the following address:
Internal Revenue Service,
P.O. Box 804525,
Cincinnati, OH 45280-4525
With three secure ways to pay, you’re free to choose whichever suits you best! And you can relax knowing that whatever option you choose, we’ve gone above and beyond to make it fast and easy.
If you’ve got any questions at all, the Support Heroes in sunny Rock Hill, SC, are happy to help in English, Spanish, and Russian! Call us at 704.234.6005, speak via online chat, or get 24/7 email support at email@example.com
1,854 total views, 3 views today