Mother’s Day is on Sunday, have you gotten your Mom, wife, or girlfriend, or any of the Moms in your life a gift yet? Well, it’s close to the deadline but it’s not too late yet! Show the Mom in your life what she means to you. On this special day, we would like to give a shout out to the Moms in the trucking industry who do their part driving solo, in teams, dispatching, riding along with their husbands, handling the books at home, and more!
What To Give Your Trucking Mama
1. You know what women and Mom’s enjoy? A little attention to show them that they’re special to you. That’s why you could get your wife or Mom a pair of headphones so she can talk to you hands-free when she’s out on the road. They even have excellent wireless headphones these days so she won’t even have to deal with the hassle of tangled cords.
2. When you’re out on the road you have to eat and drink, that means your Mom does too. Maybe you can get her a crockpot so she can conveniently cook her own healthy and delicious meals when she’s out on the road. You could also get her a gift card to one of her favorite places to eat.
3. Is the Mom in your life a coffee fan? Then don’t make her walk across a truck stop parking lot in the morning for her first cup of the day! Get her a portable coffee maker to keep in her rig. She will love having the ability to brew a cup whenever she wants. Be sure to include a special mug too that has a loving message, photos of you or her favorite pet, or her favorite sports team on it.
4. Did you know most female truckers consider their rigs to be one of their babies? Maybe you could show you care by cleaning her truck for her. Go ahead and bust out the hose and suds to make that baby sparkle. Don’t stop with the outside, clean up the inside too. Wipe down the dash and the windows and clean out any trash or clutter.
5. Trucks are like a home away from home, so make sure the rig for the Mom in your life is cozy. Place some photos of yourself, the kids, or pets, around the truck for her to find. You could also write a series of special notes with reasons why you love her for her to find. Maybe weeks from now she will find another one of your notes and become overjoyed.
6. Is her sleeper cab comfortable enough for a good night’s rest? Sleep is important on the road and you don’t want your Mom or wife to drive tired. Does she need a better pillow? Space heater to stay warm? Softer blanket? Black out curtains to block the light? Ear plugs? The possibilities for making her rig more comfortable are endless.
7. Did you know that driving can boring? You probably did already, but that means the Mom in your life can get bored too. Get her an audio book or a subscription to an audio book streaming service to give her something fun to listen to for hours on the open road.
8. Let her relax. After getting home from a trip she will be tired, so cleaning the house or cooking dinner for the family might not be at the top of her list. Let her come home to a clean house and a home cooked meal so she can relax and catch up with everyone.
Don’t stop with a meal, have a movie picked out and ready to watch as a group, or you can get her a bubble bath kit with a bath bomb, lotion, and a candle, so she can take a load off for a while.
Appreciate Your Trucking Mama
No one makes you smile like the Mom in your life, so be sure to take the time to make her feel special this Mother’s Day. Moms all across the nation whether their drivers, work in the office, are involved in the trucking industry or not deserve to be celebrated for all that they do.
For more trucking tips visit ExpressTruckTax.com
and please share your Mother’s Day gift ideas in the comment section below.
741 total views, 3 views today