Today is the day, Trucking Nation! The IRS is now accepting Form 2290, and giving out that coveted Stamped Schedule 1.
The renewal period begins now and runs from today until August 31. So head to ExpressTruckTax now and get to e-filing! Or you can use our free app on your iOS or Android device to conveniently e-file wherever you are!
If you pre-filed with us, today is the day we will securely transmit your 2290’s to the IRS (way ahead of everyone else). And you should get your approval later today along with your Stamped Schedule 1.
Not sure if it’s time for you to file? We’ve compiled a super-quick guide with all the details you need to keep your HVUT game on point!
What is Form 2290?
IRS Form 2290 is a tax paid on a heavy vehicle that is registered, or required to be registered in your name under U.S., Canadian, or Mexican law. That means if you have a vehicle with a gross weight of 55,000 lbs or more, you must pay Heavy Vehicle Use Tax in order to renew your vehicle’s registration.
When you e-file with ExpressTruckTax, you can get everything done in one place without having to wait. ExpressTruckTax is a one-stop solution for e-filing, calculating taxes (without actually breaking out a calculator), transmitting your return, making your payment, and getting your Stamped Schedule 1 automatically via email. It’s that easy!
Bonus Time: If you use the promocode ETT10 you can get 10% off the cost of filing! AND If you Like Us on Facebook after you e-file, you’re automatically entered into our next Summer Series of Giveaways contest! We’ll select one lucky winner between now and July 15th to win a $25 Gift Card…and it could be you!
Short on Time?
If you’re short on time, on the road, or would rather have your very own processing agent handle e-filing your 2290 for you, contact our full-service division, Truck Services of North America! They can e-file your Form 2290 for you over the phone, same day!
They can handle all your authorities, permits, registrations, IFTA filing, and pretty much everything you would ever need to operate your heavy vehicle. You can call them at 803.386.0320 or email them at support@TSNAmerica.com to get started.
Today’s HVUT Cheat Sheet
Leading up to today, we’ve written a lot of blogs about every situation you would find yourself in while beginning your e-filing journey. Here are a few of the more important blogs that will help you e-file:
- What do You Get get for $9.90?
- ExpressTruckTax is more than just an e-filing product, it’s the best value in the industry! But what exactly do you get for $9.90?
- Forgot your Password
- If you forgot your password, let us help. Remembering all those passwords can be rough, but you don’t have to create a new account—learn how to recover your password here!
- How to Create an Account
- If you’ve never filed with us before, this is the blog for you. We’ll walk you through the process of creating an account from start to finish, and with pictures!
- FastTransfer Feature
- If you have already e-filed with us in the past, your information can be applied to your 2015-16 Form 2290. Here’s a step-by-step process on how it works.
- Truck Zone
- Truck Zone is your very own virtual garage. And it’s an exclusive feature just for ExpressTruckTax. You’ll never forget another truck again because we’ll store them for you on our secure server.
- IRS Offices Now by Appointment Only
- Some of the IRS offices are now by appointment only. Check here to see if your city is on that list.
- 7 Common E-filing Mistakes to Avoid
- We all make mistakes, but here’s how to avoid the common ones we see year after year when e-filing season begins again.
- 6 Tips for E-filing Success This Renewal Season
- Have a successful renewal season with these 6 easy tips on how to e-file!
- The Do’s and Don’ts of E-filing Your 2290
- Tips on how to make e-filing even easier by being prepared throughout the tax year.
Didn’t find answers on our E-filing Cheat Sheet? Our support legends are here for you! Do not hesitate to give them a call at 704.234.6005 or shoot them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 support in both English and Spanish.
Don’t wait or you’ll be late, e-file with ExpressTruckTax today!
1,437 total views, 3 views today